Sunday, July 10, 2011

numero uno

Been letting Troy do most of the 'writing' on Junk Exchange..... he is by far the better skilled.  His talent is in weaving and telling stories.  My style is more from a soapbox.  Didn't use to be that way.... was kind of quiet, blended in.  Let others take the stage.  The older I get, the more opinionated I become.  Have gotten more political.  My favorite TV shows have gone from sitcoms and CSI types to news and commentary.
The areas we overlap are in design and creating.

The name - Deux Over.  Describes what our philosophy has become.  Re-purpose, re-direct, re-think, re-view.  After all, who among us hasn't at some point wished for a do-over.

My Dad and his Dad, always worked with their hands.  My Dad was a draftsman, carpenter homebuilder.  My Grandfather memories were always from his house in the country, where I would help him in the summer with a huge garden.  My Mom always worked around the house - sewing and baking and from November on, in the kitchen making incredible holiday treats for family and friends.  Her Mom was a great cook too. My step-Grandfather was a home-builder. Not any wonder I have always LOVED food and building things with my hands.

                                                     My Dad as a boy
One of my Dad's best pieces of advice to me:  If you want to make other people happy, don't rock the boat. If you want to make yourself happy, you can't help but rock the boat.

More soon.

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment